- Nowme & Rashid
- Brooklyn , NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We love that we live here together and that our home reflects who we are. We are minimalists and enjoy living small. But this space never really feels small. It has this great open layout and high ceilings, which gives it a loft-like feel. We also love our community, the artwork that we've created for the apartment, and all the light and love that streams in every day.
- Biggest Challenge of Living in a Small Space:
- It hasn't been too difficult because we've always lived small and we don't enjoy collecting stuff. If there was a challenge, it was learning to live in one big "small" space without rooms. We've created distinct areas by making partitions with furniture placement, curtains, etc... that's helped the space fit our lifestyle. Oh, and our kitchen is the size of a closet, but some great meals have been cooked there so no complaints.
- If I am the Grand Prize winner of Small Cool, the item(s) or project(s) from my home design wishlist that I'd like to spend my winnings on are::
- Easy: we'd use the money to put in hardwood floors. It would probably be bamboo or wide plank oak.
More posts in Small Cool 2013
ATVideo of the Day