2. Changing Table: Ditch the changing table and instead opt for a dresser topped with a changing tray.
3. Laundry Hamper: Place the laundry hamper in reach of the changing area.
4. Organize Clothing by Length: Because there's no real standard for baby clothing sizing, organize items by length, not by tag size.
5. Hanging Sweater Bags: Opting for seater bags in the closet are great for extra blankets and other bulky items. Purchasing a sweater bag with drawers can even eliminate the need for a dresser. Reader Favorite: I Think I Canvas Hanging Closet Storage with Small or Large Drawers
6. Shoe Organizer or Wall Pockets: Hang a set of wall pockets or an over-the-door shoe organizer to store smaller items, such as bibs, pacifiers and toys. Reader Favorite: KUSINER Wall Pockets.
7. Outgrown Clothing: Clothing that has been outgrown should be stored away in the closet, preferably in a bin or basket where it's neatly contained.
8. Closet Organization: Opting for bin storage, cube storage or even a bookshelf in a closet instead of hanging clothes takes better advantage of vertical storage space. Reader Favorite: BESTA Shelf Unit with Baskets.
9. Everyday Items: Products and clothing that are used daily should be easily accessible, not tucked away. Whether its using an out-of-sight, out-of-reach basket to store extra pacifiers or using the top drawer of your combo changing table/dresser to store diapers, creams and wipes, having these items within arm's reach will make staying organized much easier.
And...the best piece of advice yet...
10. Flexibility: Your organization needs will change over time, so be flexible with your space and how you organize it.
(reader Emily/ Super Duper Closet System)
Join me as I transform a 100 sq. ft. room into a cozy nursery.
Nesting a Nursery series:
• Designing Our Baby's Room from Scratch
• My Nursery Planning Tools
• What Are Your Nursery Must-Haves?
• Using Online Inspiration To Help Define Your Nursery Style
• What Are Your Best Tips for Nursery Organization?
• Inspirations & Samples: A Modern Nursery
• Is a Rocker or Glider a Nursery Necessity?
• Horse Before the Cart: Start Your Nursery Design with Space Planning
• 10 Inspiring Patterned & Papered Nurseries
• Mixing High-Quality & Budget-Friendly Furnishings in Our Nursery
• Book Showers & Other Creative Ideas for Baby Showers
• Nursery Nevers: Products You'd Never Purchase Again
• Our Nursery's Artwork: Mixing New & Old
• Vote for Which Mobile I Should DIY