Kenzie's mom, Rachelle, is the voice behind Kenzie Poo, a blog related to all things baby and some things Kenzie. With a room palette rooted in neutrals, whites and yellows, Rachelle has set the perfect backdrop for some commanding kids' chairs and for Kenzie to take center stage. Through a lot of DIY and help from friends, this nursery (and the alphabet print) simply spells L-O-V-E...
The Kenzie Poo site is also full of nursery inspiration for the full, creative, conscious modern family. We look forward to seeing the site evolve as Kenzie ages and the nursery becomes the room of an opinionated little girl. For now, enjoy Kenzie's tour!
Inspiration: After searching through magazine after magazine I couldn't decide on what I wanted to do for the nursery until...One day I was registering for my baby shower at Target, and they gave me a booklet of things you could register for. While flipping through that book I found a picture of a room that I absolutely fell in love with! Yellows and whites with lovely wall decals. And that was it!
Favorite Element: I would have to say my favorite items in Kenzie's room are the ABC print with the beautiful frame I found at an antique store, and the beautiful bedding that my good friend made (she is an amazing seamstress).Enter Slideshow
Biggest Challenge: My biggest challenge was putting the light up....We ended up having to call a friend and have her rewire it!!
What Friends Say: What a blessed baby!
Proudest DIY: I am definitely not an artist, so I was pretty proud of myself when I made the silhouette of Kenzie on her wall.
Biggest Indulgence: Probably my biggest splurge in the room was the crib and the amazing Eames rocker.
Best advice: My best advice is to go homemade.
Dream source: I would love to eventually buy Kenzie a Madeline Weinrib Atelier rug.Enter Slideshow
1. I got the great decals from my brother & sister-in-law's shop: Custom Vinyl Decals
2. Crib from Pottery Barn Kids
3. Eames Rocker: Hive Modern
4. Lou Lou Ghost chair: All Modern
5. ABC Print: Made by Girl; I also bought some fabric and put the fabric in embroidery hoops.
6. Mobile: Kikkerland
7. Elephant Pillow: Dwell Studio
8. Russian Cross Stitch Rug: Urban Outfitters
9. Chandelier: Pottery Barn Kids
10. Other Pillows: Hettle & Dede, Etsy Shop
11. Vintage Banner: Jump Up and Down
12. Sheepskin Rug: Costco
13. Fabrics & Embroidery hoops: JoAnn
14. Fabric for Blanket: Mod Green Pod