- AT Events: January Jumpstart Contest is underway!
Storefront for Art and Architecture's New Bookshop
- Recommended titles by designers, architects, artists, writers, and filmmakers featured at Storefront over the last 25 years
- January 23rd
- Storefront for Art and Architecture, 97 Kenmare Street, 212.431.5795
- Discussion addressing sustainability and social consciousness in interaction design. Latest developments in green product design
- Jan 24th (6:30pm)
- Midtown Manhattan. Details provided on RSVP, please e-mail: nyc-rsvp (at) ixda (dot) org
- Investigate the current conditions, the processes and the related issues that define urban planning and architecture in these two cities.
- Through January 26th
- Center for Architecture, NYC
- Over fifty works on paper, primarily printed materials including books, book jackets, posters, and printed ephemera in more than a dozen languages, will be drawn from eight departments and collections at The New York Public Library.
- Through January 27th
- The New York Public Library, Humanities and Social Sciences Library, New York, NY.
French Furniture Sculptor Ingrid Donat
- Exhibition of Donat's richly textured, limited edition, cast bronze furniture
- Opening Reception February 21st
- Barry Friedman Ltd., 515 West 26th Street
- Students from around the country to offer their best ideas on how to demonstrate new and alternative design solutions that simply work better
- Entries due February 9th
- The contest is open to students at any of the National Association of Schools of Art & Design-accredited degree programs or individual student members of IDSA.
January Upholstery Event: Maharam Territory
- Maharam representative visits studio to display rarely seen archival fabrics from great design collaborations.
- January 23rd, 7-9pm. Refreshments will be served.
- DWR West 14th St., 408 West 14th St. (bet 9th and 10th), 212.242.9449
Winter Antiques Show
- More than 75 exhibitors displaying furniture, paintings, books, silver, garden ornaments, medieval manuscripts, arms and armor, jewelry, clocks, textiles, and more, with proceeds benefiting East Side House Settlement.
- Through January 27th
- The Park Avenue Armory (7th Regiment Armory), 643 Park Ave. between 66th & 67th Sts.
Bergman & Antonioni Film Posters Exhibit
- Posteritati exhibits vintage posters from Bergman & Antonioni films
- Through January 31st
- 239 Centre Street, 212.226.2207