Art & Design Events...
- March is bathroom month!
- AT Offline! (NY Design Meetup): Green Home Design: Problems and Solutions
Architectural Digest Home Design Show
• Meet 300 premier home furnishings companies, including manufacturers, retailers and design firms and peruse 110,000 sq.ft. of display space!
• March 7th through 9th
• Pier 94 (12th Avenue at 55th St.)
"What is Green Architecture?"
• Join noted engineer Matthias Schuler (transsolar.com), in conversation with MoMA's Andres Lepik
• April 1st, 7pm
• Goethe-Institute, 1014 Fifth Avenue@83rd Street, 212.439.8700
MODERN + DESIGN + FUNCTION: Juried Furniture Competition
• Top 10-15 entries on view. A separate award will be given to the designer whose submission best exemplifies environmentally conscious design.
• Apply here
• Application deadline: March 20th. Exhibition of selected entries: April 17th, 7-9pm
• DWR Columbus Avenue, 341 Columbus Ave
NY Armory Show
• The 10th Annual exhibition of contemporary art and design by The International Fair of New Art
• March 27th through 30th
• Pier 94, Twelfth Avenue at 55th Street
75 Years of Architecture at MoMA
• Exhibition of drawings and models examining themes in the history of modern architecture—including organicism and expressionism; urbanism; visionary architecture; and the art of drawing
• Through March 10th
• The Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St., 212.708.9400