Art & Design Events...
Your Green Home
• Presentation and discussion on how to shop for a green apartment, what to do when you move in to your green (or not so green) home, and then how to keep it green
• March 19th, 6:30pm-8pm, RSVP: rsvp@GreenHomeNYC.org
• Pratt Manhattan, 144 W 14th St, Rm. 213
Design Miami/ New York Galleries
• A collaboration between New York's most prestigious design galleries and Design Miami presents cutting-edge exhibitions of limited-edition and rare historic design in gallery spaces throughout the city.
• March 25th through 28th, 11am–6pm,
• Various galleries throughout NYC.
Pulse Contemporary Art Fair
• PULSE presents contemporary art in powerful architectural environments designed to serve both seasoned and emerging collectors.
• March 27th through March 30th
• West Side Highway at West Houston
Metropolis Site Specific Tour—NYC
• Join editor-in-chief Susan S. Szenasy in a discussion on the importance of design history in our fast-forward world. The tour include SITE SPECIFIC: The Legacy of Regional Modernism--a short film about the climate and place-sensitive architectural experiments of the Sarasota School.
• March 25th, 9:30am-11:30am, RSVP: email@example.com
• Parsons the New School for Design, AAS Interior Design Program, 6 East 16th Street, Room 1009,
"What is Green Architecture?"
• Join noted engineer Matthias Schuler (transsolar.com), in conversation with MoMA's Andres Lepik
• April 1st, 7pm
• Goethe-Institute, 1014 Fifth Avenue@83rd Street, 212.439.8700
MODERN + DESIGN + FUNCTION: Juried Furniture Competition
• Top 10-15 entries on view. A separate award will be given to the designer whose submission best exemplifies environmentally conscious design.
• Apply here
• Application deadline: March 20th. Exhibition of selected entries: April 17th, 7-9pm
• DWR Columbus Avenue, 341 Columbus Ave
NY Armory Show
• The 10th Annual exhibition of contemporary art and design by The International Fair of New Art
• March 27th through 30th
• Pier 94, Twelfth Avenue at 55th Street