Art & Design Events...
• Join Carolyn F. Strauss, founder and director of slowLab, as she presents new models in slow art and design, and speaks with designer Lindsey Adelman and artist Nava Lubleski about their process-driven projects and ideas.
• March 27th, 6pm
• SCOPE Art Fair Lincoln Center, Damrosch Park, Corner of West 62nd Street and Amsterdam Ave
• Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS is a traveling exhibit of designed tables by talented and celebrated individuals in the worlds of fashion, interior design, art, and architecture The only requirement is that each table accommodates at least ten dinner guests.
• March 30th through April 1st
• Skylight, 275 Hudson Street (between Spring and Dominick)
Design Miami/ New York Galleries • A collaboration between New York's most prestigious design galleries and Design Miami presents cutting-edge exhibitions of limited-edition and rare historic design in gallery spaces throughout the city. • March 25th through 28th, 11am–6pm, • Various galleries throughout NYC.
Pulse Contemporary Art Fair
• PULSE presents contemporary art in powerful architectural environments designed to serve both seasoned and emerging collectors.
• March 27th through March 30th
• West Side Highway at West Houston
Metropolis Site Specific Tour—NYC
• Join editor-in-chief Susan S. Szenasy in a discussion on the importance of design history in our fast-forward world. The tour include SITE SPECIFIC: The Legacy of Regional Modernism--a short film about the climate and place-sensitive architectural experiments of the Sarasota School.
• March 25th, 9:30am-11:30am, RSVP: email@example.com
• Parsons the New School for Design, AAS Interior Design Program, 6 East 16th Street, Room 1009,
"What is Green Architecture?"
• Join noted engineer Matthias Schuler (transsolar.com), in conversation with MoMA's Andres Lepik
• April 1st, 7pm
• Goethe-Institute, 1014 Fifth Avenue@83rd Street, 212.439.8700
NY Armory Show
• The 10th Annual exhibition of contemporary art and design by The International Fair of New Art
• March 27th through 30th
• Pier 94, Twelfth Avenue at 55th Street