Art & Design Events...
• 17 international artists transform a historical townhouse in Harlem with site-specific artwork addressing the notion of Home.
• April 27th through May 18th, 1 to 9pm (Art Talk: 2pm, Reception: 4pm, Lecture by Michael Henry Adams: History of Harlem 6pm
• 764 St. Nicholas Ave. @ 148th, Harlem
DWR Presents M + D + F
• An exhibition of innovative furniture by emerging designers in the New York area
• April 24th, 7-9pm
• 241 Columbus Ave. 212.799 5900
Ligne Roset Celebrates 10 Years of Design in SoHo
• May 19th, 6-9pm
• 155 Wooster Street, 212.253.5629
The Ultimate Mission Impossible in Design: "Mr. Impossible" by Philippe Starck
• Kartell hosts a cocktail party previewing new products
• May 19th, 6:30pm (email@example.com)
• 39 Greene Street
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000
Thesis 2008: SVA Interior Design
• Students at the School of Visual Arts present design proposals for the transformation of the Jersey City's Hudson & Manhattan Powerhouse into a contemporary sculpture center, a new culinary institute for Tribeca and an artist colony as 21st-century urban lodge
• Opening: April 24th 5:30-7pm, Exhibit: April 22nd through 28th
• The National Arts Club, 15 Gramercy Park South
Spec it Green: The Anatomy of a Green Product
• This seminar will address the design process including product development & testing, process-based upgrades & certifications, corporate stewardship, and product specification education.
• May 1st, 5:30-7:30
• Citi, 388 Greenwich St. 212 404 6990 X15
What is Green Architecture?
• Noted architect Christoph Ingenhoven in conversation with Andres Lepik
• May 19th, 7pm
• The Goethe-Institut New York is located at 1014 Fifth Avenue (at 83rd Street), 212.439.8700
Brooklyn Designs 2008
• An exhibition of designers and manufacturers of contemporary furnishings, lighting, and accessories made and/or designed in Brooklyn, all handpicked by a jury of editors from leading design and shelter magazines.
• May 9th through 11th
• Multiple Locations in Dumbo, . 718.243.1414
Go Green Expo
• First eco-focused conference in New York City. It includes more than 200 environmentally friendly products, services and businesses as well as panels by top environmentalists and business leaders
• April 26th and 27th
• New York Hilton Hotel, 1335 6th Ave, (between W. 53rd and W. 54th Sts.), 212.253.0474