Art & Design Events...
• This is a film by Ila Bêka and Louise Lemoine on one of the masterpieces of contemporary architecture: the house in Bordeaux designed by Rem Koolhaas/OMA. Unlike most movies about architecture, this feature focuses less on explaining the building, its structure and its virtuosity than on letting the viewer enter into the invisible bubble of the daily intimacy of one of the icons of contemporary architecture.
• Through May 3rd
• Storefront for Art and Architecture, Lafayette and Kenmare Sts.
• 17 international artists transform a historical townhouse in Harlem with site-specific artwork addressing the notion of Home.
• Through May 18th, 1 to 9pm (Art Talk: 2pm, Reception: 4pm, Lecture by Michael Henry Adams: History of Harlem 6pm
• 764 St. Nicholas Ave. @ 148th, Harlem
Ligne Roset Celebrates 10 Years of Design in SoHo
• May 19th, 6-9pm
• 155 Wooster Street, 212.253.5629
The Ultimate Mission Impossible in Design: "Mr. Impossible" by Philippe Starck
• Kartell hosts a cocktail party previewing new products
• May 19th, 6:30pm (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• 39 Greene Street
• Over 200 vendors of vintage furniture, clothing and antiques alongside new designs by local makers of everything from jewelry to textiles.
• Every Sunday, 10am to 5pm (rain or shine)
• Bishop Loughlin Memorial High School on Lafayette Ave. between Clermont and Vanderbilt Ave., Fort Greene, Brooklyn
ABC Home Launches Earth Day Campaign
• ABC Home is partnering with 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Professor Wangari Maathai's Green Belt Movement on its Carbon Poverty Reduction Program. For every piece of goodwood furniture purchased at ABC Home, a tree will be planted in Kenya to replenish rapidly diminishing biodiversity.
• 888 Broadway, 212.473.3000
Spec it Green: The Anatomy of a Green Product
• This seminar will address the design process including product development & testing, process-based upgrades & certifications, corporate stewardship, and product specification education.
• May 1st, 5:30-7:30
• Citi, 388 Greenwich St. 212 404 6990 X15
What is Green Architecture?
• Noted architect Christoph Ingenhoven in conversation with Andres Lepik
• May 19th, 7pm
• The Goethe-Institut New York is located at 1014 Fifth Avenue (at 83rd Street), 212.439.8700
Brooklyn Designs 2008
• An exhibition of designers and manufacturers of contemporary furnishings, lighting, and accessories made and/or designed in Brooklyn, all handpicked by a jury of editors from leading design and shelter magazines.
• May 9th through 11th
• Multiple Locations in Dumbo, . 718.243.1414