- All Dressed Up. While the oversized charm necklace for your furniture is on the extreme side, we enjoyed this article documenting the similarities between the fashion and furnishings industries. With fashion designers crossing over into furniture brands and new magazines like Blueprint and Domino blurring the lines further, we think it's a worthy read. There is also a fun graphic displaying trend crossovers...
- A French Star Reinvents a New York Classic. Jacques Grange, France's most famous interior designer, redesigns the Mark Hotel on Madison Avenue at 77th Street — both hotel and residential space. The article includes lots of pictures and renderings of the space.
- In the Garden: Autumn's Rituals Beckon Softly. Preparing for frost — eventually.
- On the Farm, a Rat Race in Sheep's Clothing. Eschewing domestic perfection at Sap Bush Hollow Farm. The simple, sustainable and far from perfect lifestyle of Shannon Hayes and Bob Hooper and their family.
- Room To Improve: How do I choose a deep color for my bedroom that will look dramatic, not depressing?
- Personal Shopper: Mirrors.
(Pics: Jacques Grange, Jennifer S. Altman, Stewart Cairns, Douglas Hill/Beateworks)