You've seen us post roundups of removable wallpapers here and there — a great affordable solution for making a statement in any room. But what if you're looking for something a little more subtle? We round up some off-the-wall wallpaper ideas that just might have you sprucing up your home in new ways.Whether you're wanting to add color and style to a rented space, or just looking for a small project that won't take up your entire weekend, these clever uses for wallpaper could be your ticket. Trying using wallpaper…
• Under Shelves - add a pop of pattern under shelves in sitting areas for colorful highlights to a room. Try solid colors for a more modern look.
• On a Door - Go for more than a solid color and adhere a bold pattern to your door for more interest
• As a Bed Canopy - Wallpaper isn't always paper. They sometimes are in the form of more durable textiles. Hang one from a curtain rod behind your bed, or drape it over a curtain rod on the ceiling to create a canopy effect.
• On IKEA furniture - We love this idea from IKEA Hackers for turning a ho-hum Bekvam stool into something with personality. This DIY will also work on the smooth flat surface of most IKEA cabinetry (such as Besta) or on Framsta wall panels.
• As Framed Art - You may have heard of this one before, but new textured wallpapers add depth to the idea. Try arranging three or more frames of the same pattern or color in a row for a more dramatic effect.
• On Your Trackpad - Tech has gotten sleek, providing perfect surfaces for adding some wallpaper to complement your space. Go for removable types and try it on your Apple trackpad.
• On a Monitor - Display more than your web browser by attaching wallpaper to your monitor stand for a fresh color-dipped look.
Have you tried or thought of any creative uses for wallpaper?
MORE WALLPAPER ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Wallpaper for the Stylish Geek
(Images: 1. Jamie Meares 2. Sensanels 3. IKEA 4. IKEA Hackers 5. Modenus 6-7. iCarbons)