2015 SMALL COOL CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES - INTERNATIONAL
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SUBMISSIONS: The 2015 Small Cool Contest (the "Contest") begins on April 27, 2015 and ends on June 3, 2015. Entries may be submitted from April 27, 2015 until 18:00:00 p.m. EST on May 18, 2015 (the "Entry Period").
2. HOW TO ENTER: Participants may enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, by completing the entry form on the Apartment Therapy website at ApartmentTherapy.com and uploading 5 photographs and one floorplan of their under-1000 square foot home. Submitted floorplans may be made by the contestant and do not need to be professionally produced. The under-1000 square foot home must be currently lived in (whether owned, rented or sublet) by the person submitting the entry. The room can be designed by a professional, weekend hobbyist or design enthusiast. The photographs must not include people, and they must not include watermarks or other overlaid text or images. Only one Apartment Therapy user account per household.
3. CONTEST SCHEDULE:
- 4/27 — Submission Forms open.
- 5/4 — Selected entries will begin to be posted. Readers may respond by choosing their favorite entries. Readers may mark as many entries as they like as favorites during this period. Readers may mark each entry as a favorite only once.
- 5/18 —Submission form will close and no entries will be accepted after 18:00:00 EST.
- 5/29 — The initial round of selecting favorites will close at 12:00:00 (noon) EST. Reader favorite feedback on the National entries will be tallied and the 5 entries receiving the most favorite votes will be submitted to our Judges Panel for review. Each Judge will review the top 5 entries for each division and the entry which receives the highest Judges Panel score in each size division will be named the division finalist and will move on to the final reader vote where the grand prize winner will be determined. An International winner will also be determined at this time through the same Judges Panel process.
- 6/2 — The final round featuring the 4 size division finalists will be open for voting.
- 6/3 — Voting in the final round will cease at at 15:00:00 EST and a Grand Prize Winner will be determined and announced.
4. WHAT TO SUBMIT? Upload 5 photos and 1 floorplan of your under-1000 square foot home. Make sure you complete all the required fields on the contest entry form. The photographs must not include people, and they must not include watermarks or other overlaid text or images.
5. PRIZES: The International prizewinner will receive a signed book by Apartment Therapy's founder Maxwell Ryan.
6. CONTEST DIVISIONS
TEENY-TINY: 400 Square Feet and under
TINY: 600 Square Feet and under (but over 400 Square Feet)
LITTLE: 800 Square Feet and under (but over 600 Square Feet)
SMALL: Under 1,000 Square Feet (but over 800 Square Feet)
INTERNATIONAL: All non-US entries (under 1,000 Square Feet)
7. FULL CONTEST RULES
This contest is void where prohibited by applicable law.
This contest is open to United States residents, age 18 and older. International readers are invited to submit entries for exhibition on the site, but they are not eligible to win prizes.
Winners may be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility as a condition to the delivery of the applicable prize. Employees of Apartment Therapy Media and their immediate families or household members are not eligible to enter the contest.
No purchase is necessary.
8. HOW TO ENTER To enter, you must complete the online contest entry form. Only one entry per household, please. Duplicate and incomplete entries will be discarded.
By submitting a contest entry, you are agreeing that the information and images collected in connection with the contest may be used by Apartment Therapy Media and may be published on our websites and/or in all other mediums. All entries are the property of Apartment Therapy Media.
Entries submitted for posting are selected entirely at the discretion of Apartment Therapy Media. You acknowledge and agree that Apartment Therapy Media shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any photo or information submitted by you, and may, in its sole discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any photo or information that you submit to Apartment Therapy Media.
By submitting any photo or information to Apartment Therapy Media, you grant Apartment Therapy Media an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Apartment Therapy Media includes but is not limited to the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted photo.
By submitting any photo or information to Apartment Therapy Media, you represent that the submitted photo or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Apartment Therapy Media.
You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to Apartment Therapy Media may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with any photo or information you submit to Apartment Therapy Media. By submitting any photo or information to Apartment Therapy Media, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have.
The email address provided by online entrants will be the identity of the entrant and, if selected for a prize, the identity of the winner. We will disqualify any entries that are generated by scripts and automated submission. By participating, all entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules.
9. SELECTION: The finalists and winner will be selected by reader feedback followed by a Judges Panel review. In event of a tie, the staff of Apartment Therapy will select winner(s).
Readers must be registered users of Apartment Therapy to vote. Only one Apartment Therapy user account per person. We reserve the right to disqualify any vote that appears to be a duplicate vote from a single individual, including evidence of excessive votes from a single IP address.
The decisions of Apartment Therapy Media are final and binding in all matters relating to this contest.
The winner will be notified by email within three business days of conclusion of contest. Winners must claim their prize within three (3) business days after the date of notification of such prize. A winner's failure to respond to the prize notification within the specified three (3) business days will be considered such winner's forfeiture of the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from the pool of eligible entries. If an entrant is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may also be selected from the pool of eligible entries.
Apartment Therapy Media is not responsible for 1) failed, returned or misdirected notifications or prize delivery based on inaccurate information provided by the winner on the Contests entry form, 2) entries and responses to winner notifications or prize delivery which are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient in whole or in part or for computer or technical error of any kind, 3) any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the contest 4) any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer on-line system, computer equipment, software, program malfunctions or other failures, delayed computer transactions or network connections that are human, mechanical or technical in nature, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any part of this contest or 5) any warranty of fitness or merchantability of any prize or the function or operation thereof, which shall be the sole responsibility of the manufacturer of the prize.
By entering, an entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Apartment Therapy Media and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents, and representatives from any damage, injury, death, loss, claim, action, demand, or other liability (collectively Claims) that may arise from their acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize or their participation in this promotion, or from any misuse or malfunction of any prize awarded, regardless of whether such Claims, or knowledge of the facts constituting such Claims, exist at the time of entry or arise at any time thereafter.
Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Contest will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Apartment Therapy Media reserves the right to modify the rules of the contest in any way or at any time. Apartment Therapy Media reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this contest should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the contest.