I've always lived in small spaces, and even wrote about how I prefer it here. Not only do I like the design challenge of a smaller apartment, but living small also allows me to live in great cities, which can get pricey with more square footage.
Here are some inspiring room dividers that can turn a single room (like in a studio apartment) into a multi-functional space. I like the idea of having something that allows light to filter through, but also allows for privacy when you want it.
I've also listed below our roundups of room dividers for more ideas. Feel free to share how you make the most of your small space or studio (or dorm room!).
1. The design of this space shown on the Danish site So Leb Ich caught my eye so much that the room divider almost went unnoticed. Blending the color into the walls makes the log-constructed divider feel like less of an intruder.
2. This woven felt divider, seen in Dwell Magazine, looks like modern art.
3. Check out this DIY for building your own screen, from Kootut Murut.
4. Wood slabs look elegant in this smart-on-space apartment featured in House Beautiful.
5. Ana from Home Styling shows off her graphic room dividers in her new office space.
AND EVEN MORE ROOM DIVIDERS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
- 10 Room Dividers Under $100
- Best Room Dividers and Privacy Screens
- Room Divider Roundup
- DIY Room Divider
(Images: as linked above)