Like this entry? Favorite it below!
- Chicago, IL
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We actually love how big it is! We used to live in an apartment under 300 square feet, so our current place feels huge. Other things we love are windows and abundance of natural light, parquet floors, and that our apartment is a perfect canvas to display maps, postcards, magnets, and photos from our travels. We do not spend a lot of time at home as we try to travel as much as we can, but coming back here is always one of the best parts of our journeys!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space:
- 1. Let in as much natural light as possible! We once lived in a very dark apartment, and moving here made us so much happier.
2. Don't be afraid of big box stores. We are pressed for time and money as we choose to spend both on travel and our home may be filled with Ikea and the like, but it does not make us feel bad. We love our place and so do our friends!
3. Declutter, edit, and purge (or don't buy in the first place!). We moved 13 times over last 10 years changing cities, countries, and continents. It really helped us keep our stuff to a minimum.
See all entries