When we think about escapes, we think of Olle. Olle Lundberg, the remarkable architect, salvage junkie and erstwhile Ikea designer, not only lives on a ferry boat in San Francisco harbor, he has a cabin up north (Cazadero, Calif.) that we'd die for. Below are more pics of the woody, simple, airy and largely reused environment he's created for relaxing when not working with head cases like Larry Ellison...
Olle Lundberg and Mary Breuer's city home:
(Pics: Peter DaSilva for The New York Times & Lundberg Design)
Top 10: House Tours 2004-2007
We love homes. At Apartment Therapy we're devoted to helping folks make their homes beautiful, organized and healthy. For the past four years we've been touring our reader's homes and collecting tons of inspiration, tips and resources. In order to give an idea of the sheer breadth of our archive, here are the top picks going back to 2004. Take the tour and start clicking through!
Top Editor Tours
• Paris House Tour - Chez Barbara
• Frances' Miami Getaway in Queens!
• Alex's Hard Core DIY Apartment and Outdoor Mecca
• Max and Sara Kate's Small Really is Cool!
• Dante Makes It Happen
Top Small Cool 2007
• London Urchin's Jewelry Box
• Laura's Fresh Start Studio
• Victor & Soeun’s Romantic Loft
• Ron's Hotel "Sweet"
Top Fall Colors 2006
• Marilyn and Peter's Home Studio Harmony
• Joel's Lime Loft
• Geninne's Modern Mexican Abode
• Becca's They Doubted Me But Color Made Them See The Light
Top Small Cool 2006
• David & Im's OneSpace
• Jenny & Clove's LAish Pad
• Jane & Darko's Cozy Thicket
• Hakarl and Jili's Bold Bright Moves
Top Fall Colors 2005
• Kate's Oasis of Color and Light
• Jon's 60's Retro Bedroom
• T & CM's "Mod About Blue" Living Room
• Ky's Vibrant Panels of Color
Top Small Cool 2005
• Patrick's Cosmo-Urban Studio Rental
• Robert's Golden Handcuffs
• Paul's Pivoting Perfection
• Brandon's Chic Shoebox
• Hilary's Light'n Comfy Hangout