Before you know it, the Tooth Fairy will be sending money via smart phone transfer. In the meantime, though, if you are looking to up the ante in your role as fairy, check out these cute and sometimes hilarious ways to leave a little more than just a quarter.
Of course, a quarter is what I got when I was a kid, but these days inflation has ratcheted that up. My kids get a dollar, but I know that's even on the low end. Instead of leaving more money, though, one way to make the experience more special is to leave something more whimsical. Check out the ideas we found.
1. Fairy Dust Trail (The Andersons in Alabama): Leave a trail of fairy dust over your child, his room, the house... wherever you think you can deal with the clean up.
2. Tooth Fairy Business Cards (Moo): Apparently the Tooth Fairy has a Twitter account. LOL.
3. Tooth Fairy Receipt (Stephanie Howell): I love this tooth fairy receipt, especially the "Customer Copy" and the bar code.
4. Origami Dollar Basket (Filth Wizardry): If you have the patience, make this origami basket out of a dollar.
5. Fairy Money (Ten Kids & a Dog): The simplest and fastest way to make the tooth fairy visit special is with some sparkly hair glitter spray and a dollar.
Do you have any tooth fairy traditions? Share them in the comments!
(Images: as linked above)
MORE TOOTH FAIRY IDEAS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
- You Can't Handle the Tooth: Pillows and Boxes for Tooth Fairy Delivery
- Creative Ways to Impersonate the Tooth Fairy
- Tooth Fairy Envelopes