I love a good "get it for less" post, just like I love a good "before and after." Today is all about creating a beautiful kid's room for a range of parents' budgets. Click to see what this room configuration costs, then explore ways to get a similar look and feel, for a variety of prices.
1. Screen Print Cotton Cushion by Tas-Ka from Couverture & The Garbstore; $55
2. Otomi Wallpaper from Hygge & West; $125
3. Elephant by Charles & Ray Eames from Design Within Reach; $320
4. Antique Oushak Rug from Peter Pap Oriental Rugs; $8,500
5. Large Print by Michelle Armas; $250
6. Swedish Bed from Layla Grace; $2,189
7. Draper Stripe Throw Blanket from Dwell Studio; $175
The total for this room is (drumroll please) ......$11,614. Ouch.
Now here comes the fun part: recreating this room within a range of budgets. All options rely on a mix of styles and patterns, but each is unified by a common color palette. Several items are high end, and perhaps more inspiration. Others are something similar for less. Or, pick and choose from a range of price points if you like - splurging on some things and saving on others.
• Peony Wallpaper from Urban Outfitters; $79
• Harvest Hare Wallpaper by Mark Hearld from St. Jude's Fabrics; $95
• Giggle Kids Wallpaper from Fancy Home Trends; $47
• Louis Upholstered Headboard from Buy.com; $788
• Suzani Headboard from Seret & Sons; Price on request
• Hemnes Bed Frame from Ikea; $279
• Vintage Swedish Rug from Doris Leslie Blau; $18,000
• Elegent Rug from Rugs USA; $568
• Ferrera Natural Rugs from PBTeen; $999
• Vintage Erasers by Lisa Congdon from 20x200; $60
• Poppies from Jennifer Ament; $350
• Boar from Dwell Studio; $375
• Thailand Elephant Stool from Walmart; $155
• Rattan Elephant Hamper from Home Decorators; $55
• Cherry Blossom Elephant Stool from Overstock; $118
• Copper Pendant from All Modern Outlet; $164
• Step Pendant by Tom Dixon from YLighting; $465
• Copper Pendant by Tom Dixon from Furnish; $489
• Pacific Salon Pillow Cover from Serena & Lily; $64
• Orange Stitched Pillow from Target; $22.50
• Threshold Pillow from Target; $13.50
• Classic Stripe Bedding from Pottery Barn; $109
• Blue Stripe Sheet Set from Land of Nod; $76
• Draper Stripe Blanket from Dwell Studio; $175
And, voilà! This room comes in at $1,185 instead.
Was this fun and/or helpful? Would you like to see more of these types of posts?
(Images: as linked above)