Happy New Year! For our first One Design, Two Budgets post of 2014, we're looking at a navy, gold, and ivory color scheme —all wrapped up in an living room packed with small details. Rivets, tufting, and turned wooden legs add a touch of luxury to an otherwise classic room. Click to see the cost, along with a more budget-friendly version...
The cost of this room is just about $3715, which isn't too bad considering it involves a new sofa, plus an 8' x 11' rug.
- Brass Lamp from YLighting; $605
- Tufted Navy Ottoman from Wayfair; $399
- Trellis Pattern Rug from Lulu & Georgia; $1086
- Gold Garden Stool from Jayson Home; $375
- Tufted Linen Sofa from West Elm; $1249
If the holidays took a huge chunk out of your wallet, you might be searching for less expensive alternatives. And you're in luck! This living room is $1758, or just about half the cost of the above already-reasonable grouping.
- Brass Lamp from JCPenney; $165
- Tufted Navy Ottoman from Lamps Plus; $230
- Trellis Pattern Rug from Home Decorators; $383
- Gold Garden Stool from Lulu & Georgia; $140
- Tufted Linen Sofa from Overstock; $840
If you've run across other options, you know the drill: link to them in the comments and achieve immortality and the respect of your peers.