In today's video, Carly Cylinder shares her secret for creating full, robust vases full of evenly spaced flowers. Happy summer arranging!
In today's video, Floral Designer Carly Cylinder shares her secret for creating full, robust vases full of evenly spaced flowers. Happy summer arranging!
Step 1: Make sure the rim of your vase is completely dry.
Apply clear professional florist tape in the shape of a grid, with an additional strip circling the edge of the vase.
Step 3: Trim the edges of your tape with a sharp blade.
Make sure to cut your stems at an angle; this way they will absorb a maximum amount of water through the base of the stem.
Step 4: Arrange your stems evenly within the grid.
• The Star: Carly Cylinder is a celebrity florist, avid writer, and entrepreneur. She's currently working on her first floral design book called The Flower Chef, which will be out in Spring 2015. You can follow her on Instagram @theflowerchef, and Twitter here.
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-tos and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
Links and Related Posts:
• Creative Containers for Displaying Flowers
• 5 Ways to Enjoy Flowers at Home for the Broke, Busy, & Black Thumbed
• 7 Spots to Display Flowers Besides the Kitchen Table
(Image credits: Rebecca Blumhagen)