Flowers are beginning to populate the landscape. Afternoons stretch just that much longer. Let your summer paintbrushes be as extravagant as the horizon! In today's video, Ben Gould shows us how.
Flowers begin to populate the landscape. Afternoons stretch just that much longer. Let your summer paintbrushes be as extravagant as the horizon! In today's video, Ben Gould shows us how.
Summer is the time to experiment and develop your own sense of design. As you look around, start to notice textures and pigments that exist in nature, and see what you love. As you borrow from ferns, thistles, and flowers, you will start to find ways to bring shapes into your home life that are as abundant as those in the wild!
• The Star: Ben Gould happened upon his passion for gardening when trying to find the most inexpensive way to travel the world through the WWOOF program in Belize and India. It has since transformed his life in beautiful and unexpected ways. He now educates children on gardening at several elementary schools in Los Angeles, has recently started his own edible garden installation business and continues to seek knowledge and learn life lessons through all of the gifts that the garden offers. He is also one of my favorite Instagrammers around.
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-tos and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
Links and Related Posts:
• How to: Make Sculpey Nature Prints
• Crafting with Nature: Branch Weaving
• Nature-Inspired Living Space
• Timber Press: The Book of Gardening Projects for Kids
(Image credits: Maxwell Ryan)