Today's One Minute Tip comes from Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan, who recommends this technique not only for butcher blocks, but for cutting boards and other wooden kitchen items as well. He also recommends using Beeswax Oil (not pictured in this video).• The Star: Well, we all know Maxwell. He reminds us of Mr. Rogers, could teach you how to "Dougie", and once upon a time, a long long time ago, he started a sweet little blog called Apartment Therapy. He's also written a couple of books you should read (see below).
• The Music: This is an instrumental version of a song called "Pretty Drunk" off the album "Honest Mistakes" by Pete Miser. The full version is available for listen and purchase here.
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-to's and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
• How to Resurface Your Butcher Block Quickly and Well
• Vintage Butcher Blocks in the Kitchen
• Apartment Therapy's Big Book of Small, Cool Spaces
• Apartment Therapy Presents: Real Homes, Real People, Hundreds of Design Solutions
• Apartment Therapy Presents: The Eight Step Home Cure
(disclaimer: MAXWELL DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO DOUGIE.)