Don't know where to start with that pile of stuff in your bedroom? Fay Wolf is here to help you get started with today's One Minute Tip.
"One of the first steps to an organizing project is setting yourself up with some basic sorting categories. I'm using my favorite sorting bins here (see the link below) but you can use anything. For the belongings you'd like to keep, clear a space to sort like items with other like items. This space can be a cleared-off bed or table (the floor is okay too). Find what categories work for you - just make sure to label them (post-its and sharpies are great for this)...it'll make life a whole lot easier. Plus, if you have to leave the project before finishing, you'll know exactly what everything is when you return to it. Happy de-cluttering!" - Fay
• The Star: Fay Wolf is a singer-songwriter, actor and professional organizer. She's acted on shows like 2 Broke Girls and Bones, and her songs have been heard on shows like Grey's Anatomy and Pretty Little Liars. Fay's Los Angeles-based company New Order has been organizing lives since 2006, helping creative people deal with both inner and outer clutter. She coaches in-person, by phone, and in group workshops. Learn more via FayWolf.com and follow her on Twitter @faywolf!
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-to's and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
LINKS AND SOURCES:
• Folding Mesh Cubes from the Container Store
MORE OF FAY'S VIDEOS ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• One Minute Tip: Store Things Where You Use Them
• One Minute Tip: How to Organize T-Shirts
• One Minute Tip: Three Ways to Use Vertical Space
• One Minute Tip: Just Start
• One Minute Tip: Two Ways to Give Things Away
• Introducing: Fay Wolf!