If you find yourself with an overstuffed closet, a floor full of clothes left behind you when you rush out the door in the morning, or in the habit of not being able to find clothes you once had, maybe it's time to make a plan for organizing your closet - and keeping it that way. In today's video, Amelia Meena (Appleshine Lifestyle Organization) shows us how.
5 Tips for Keeping your Closet Organized:
1. Aim to edit your wardrobe 2-4 times a year.2. Seasonal Guide: early Spring and late Fall are naturally good times to move things out. January is also a cathartic month of starting over and clearing out the old (clothing).
• The Star: Amelia Meena moved to New York City in a roundabout way from Kentucky, bringing only 2 suitcases and dreams of Broadway. Nearly a decade later, she's sung onstage, acted on screen and has found the best thing about organization is efficiency (it's gone up to 4 suitcases now but that's still pretty good for city living). Her company, Appleshine, Lifestyle Organization, has helped men, women, families and businesses clear out clutter and make the most of their space. When she's not Appleshining someone's lifestyle, she's running in Central Park, playing violin with a bluegrass band, catching up on reading for her 2 book clubs or wandering around The Container Store.
• More Videos: Go To Video Channel
• Submissions Welcome: Are you a Maker? Do you have great how-tos and tips to share? Do you have a winning personality or are you just a great character? Tell us here and we'll consider sending our video team to tape you for the site.
Links and Related Posts:
• Unexpected Benefits of the Seasonal Clothes Shuffle
• Simple Sorting Trick for Closet Cleanouts
• Advice from a Pro Organizer: Fall Closet Cleaning
• The Seasonal Clothing Shuffle: What's Your Strategy?
(Image credits: Abby Ballin)