I know it's the middle of the week and this is pretty much no one's favorite job so I'm sorry to be sneaking this cleaning assignment in here near the end. But, I'm looking at it this way: if you can power through this one final cleaning blast today or tonight or even tomorrow (aka, whenever you can grab some time and energy) you'll have it out of the way, and can spend an extra 45 minutes relaxing in your Cure-d home this weekend. Deal?
Clean the Bathroom
- Grab the towels that are out on hooks or bars, along with the shower curtain (if you have one) and throw them in the washing machine.
- Clear the counter, put everything in a box and transfer out of the bathroom temporarily.
- Put your cleaner in the toilet and let it sit while you...
- Clean the sink, scrub the tub and give the drains a good flush with vinegar followed by hot water.
- Clean the toilet.
- And, then, do a good overall clean of the counter, tiled walls and floor. You might want to try this nifty process, which I tried for the first time after reading about it in Real Simple: spray the counter and tiled walls with your favorite spray cleaner and turn the shower on HOT for a few minutes until it gets steamy. At that point, turn off the shower and close off the bathroom for 15 minutes or so to help make the cleaner more effective (it really works!). Come back and wipe things down with an absorbent cloth (a swiffer-y type mop can help you reach up high if needed). Dry everything well. Finish off the job by wiping the floor tile.
- Finally, shine up the mirror and replace the towels and countertop goodies.