Verner Panton's S chair is one of those classic mod designs that looks great in a lot of different contexts. Made from plastic, it can be used either indoors or outside...
The S Chair, now known simply as the "Panton Chair," was designed in 1960. Made from molded plastic, it was the first cantilevered chair made from a single piece of material. The design is stackable, and it comes in a broad range of colors. The chair is produced by Vitra and sold for around $260 at DWR, Design Public, Zwello, and lots of other stores. There are also a few knock-offs floating around, including Bed, Bath & Beyond's S Chair for $140.
• 1 Desk Chair: Verner Panton's Private House at Binnengen
• 2 Dining Chair: Kim's One Room at a Time
• 3 Living Room Chair: Living Etc.
• 4 Patio Chair: Tierney Connor's Outdoor Room
• 5 Bedroom Nook Chair: Kelly's Craftsman Comfort
Photos: Verner Panton Archives, Kim Johnson, Living Etc., Tierney Connor, Gregory Han