As we all know, simple and inexpensive ideas are often the best, especially when they come back around in a brand new way. These stacked crates are easy to pull off and add tons of space to display accessories and keep books. Perhaps best of all, they are also easily customizable for your own home; you can use new or repurposed crates and configure the shape to fit the space it's meant to occupy.
- Crates combined in improvised shapes and held together with a simple strap, tightened to keep the structure secure. Courtesy of 101 Woonideeen.
- Ikea used some of their own thin plywood boxes, with insides painted in a variety of pastels, then clipped together with ordinary binder clips. Although they no longer sell those particular boxes, any others will do.
- Stylist darling Susanna Vento even used some cardboard boxes, with the same clipping method.
- 2much tried mounting the boxes on a repurposed furniture base.
- And lastly, Family Living reminds us that mounting the boxes on the wall is always an option. The patterned paper is a nice touch too, and can be swapped out over time.
(Images: as linked above)