We had people over last weekend. Before the party my husband and I decided to fix a few things that we'd been putting off in our apartment. After just an hour or so of these decorating fixes, our place looked much better. Click below to find out what we did...
• We re-hung some artwork. We rearrange our furniture a lot, but we don't always re-arrange the artwork. By moving a few pieces on the walls, our artwork finally fit in with our current floorplan.
• We changed the curtains in one room. During the winter, we'd been using some imperfect curtains to hide our window insulation film. Since it's spring now, we took down the insulation film and put up simple, white sheers.
• We spent some time on a bookshelf arrangement. A while ago, we cleared a shelf thinking we'd get rid of it, then we changed our minds and incorporated it into our floorplan. The shelf had been fairly empty since we repurposed it, so we filled it with books, artwork, and a lamp.
• We added flowers. During the Spring Cure, we've been buying weekly flowers, so we took last week's (still going strong) and rearranged them in a new vase. We also made a new arrangement for the dining room table.
• We decluttered our surfaces. Making a quick sweep of our apartment, we moved things that didn't belong back to their proper place. We also put a few things in the recycling bin. Decluttering our surfaces probably made the biggest difference of all our quick fixes.