Q: As you can see from the attached pictures, the tiny bathroom in my tiny rental has a tiny sink but a standard size faucet and a standard size medicine cabinet. The medicine cabinet and the faucet block the sink and make it impossible to brush your teeth or wash your face comfortably.
I used to view this arrangement as a hilarious quirk, but after two years it's gotten old.
I'm not sure what my options are. For what it's worth, I'll be in this apartment for another year at least, maybe two or three. My landlord has usually been flexible about minor changes, but would definitely not be open to anything like a full remodel. Here are some of the things I've considered:
1. Replacing the medicine cabinet with a mirror, like the ones in this post.
2. Keeping the sink but replacing the faucet myself (is that possible?).
3. Keeping the sink but getting a plumber/qualified friend to replace the faucet.
4. Replacing the whole sink with something like the IKEA Ireviken or Lillangen and getting an IKEA faucet to go with.
5. Putting up with the whole arrangement as is: I won't be here forever, after all.
If it helps, the current sink measures 14" wide by 12" deep. Thanks for all your collective wisdom, AT readers!
Sent by Lilian
Editor: Leave your suggestions for Lilian in the comments - thanks!
• Have a question for our community? Send us yours with a photo or two attached (questions with photos get answered first).