I recently spotted this orchard ladder at a local garage sale for $50. It was something like 13' high and wasn't very sturdy, but its shape was very appealing. Thus started the search for others like it...
Use one at home as, well, a ladder (but be sure it's sturdier than our initial find!). Or prop one up as a decorative element for hanging towels or blankets.
• 1 the original garage sale find
• 2 three turned maple versions by Paul Loebach for Matter
• 3 a free-standing antique one from Muir: Antiques for Modern Interiors
• 4 another antique - this one's a French orchard ladder from the1920's at 1st Dibs
• 5 and finally, a contemporary metal one by Japan's Niwaki