5 tips for creating a statement piece (when you can’t afford statement piece prices)
1. Paint an outdated piece an unexpected color. #15 would look fantastic in bright yellow with nickel hardware. Pair it with charcoal bed linens, and voila!
2. Bring a little print into the picture by applying wallpaper to the drawer fronts. Design*Sponge featured a great tutorial on just how to do this. Perfect for any piece with flat-fronted drawers.
3. Stencil words or numbers on simple drawers for a truly font-tastic look.
4. For a more glamorous look, apply mirrored insets to the tabletop or drawer fronts. #6 would look especially nice with a mirrored top treatment.
5. Change the hardware. Maybe you can’t afford a dresser from Anthropologie, but how about splurging on a few knobs from their fabulous hardware collection? An AT favorite and great candidate for all of the above, #14 virtually screams, “New knobs!”
1. George Side Table, Urban Outfitters $148
2. Easton End Table - Antique White, World Market $125.99
3. Vintage Black Distressed 3 Drawer Dresser, etsy shop ShabbyChicFairytale $149.99
4. MALM Chest with 2 Drawers, IKEA $49.99
5. Limited Edition - Red Componibili, Hive Modern $117
6. Hancock End Table, World Market $89.99
7. Room Essentials Night Stand - Maple, Target $59.99
8. TRONDHEIM 3 Drawer Chest, IKEA $149
9. 2-Drawer Accent Table - Black, Target $99.99
10. IKEA PS Cabinet on casters, IKEA $49.99
11. Proof Nightstand, CB2 $149
12. EDLAND Nightstand, IKEA $149
13. ENGAN Nightstand, IKEA $49.99
14. RAST 3 Drawer Chest, IKEA $29.99
15. Hickory American Masterpiece Queen Anne Nightstand, eBay $3.25
Images: as linked above