There's something about a neat and beautiful closet that just makes you feel good about getting ready in the morning. Whether you have a sliver of a space, an open closet or the luxury of a walk-in dressing area, these images are full of design ideas that can help make your space more user-friendly and well...more you.
Here are a few ideas you can apply regardless of the size of your space-
1. Everything should have a place. You will maximize your wardrobe and minimize your stress if you can easily find your things. Avoid using large bins or containers that don't allow you to see what you have at a glance.
2. Keeping hangers, shelving and containers in the same color palettes gives your closet a neat and organized appearance.
3. Color coding your clothes can help you coordinate items quickly.
4. Small spaces like closets are the perfect place to try more dramatic paint and wallpaper choices. Apply a favorite print to your walls and you'll receive a rush of happiness every time you catch a glimpse of it through your clothes.
5. Having a mirror in your closet will add light and depth to your space. (It will also help eliminate that "black hole" feeling!)
6. A pretty chandelier will make your space feel special and provide additional lighting. Don't have room for a chandelier? Try a wall mounted sconce.
7. A nice chair nearby provides a place to contemplate your options, put on and take off your shoes, and adds a touch of indulgence to your space.
8. Lastly, small touches such as mementoes and photos can add a personal dimension to your space, and help generate positive feelings whenever you use it.