I have a love affair with the cheap and easy (don't tell my husband). Magnetic rods are inexpensive, never require a tool box, and can organize all sorts of things anywhere there's a metal surface. Without a hammer in sight, hang curtains over windows, either full length or halfway down. In the laundry area or kitchen, hang a handy towel. And in the kitchen, use the magnetic bar to dry herbs or hang cooking utensils using s-hooks.
Quick tip: Because magnetic rods are typically used to hang curtains, most have adjustable lengths. For faster drying of hand towels or cleaning rags, extend the rod to a length wide enough to fit the width of the towel or rag. This way, the towel doesn't need to be folded along its length before hanging. This translates into quicker drying time, and eliminates mildew.
Shown above from left to right:
- Wooden Kitchen Rack with Magic Wooden Cubes VLADIMIR & KAZIMIR, from Less and More, $39.00
- Magnetic Cafe Rod, Nickel, 17-Inch by 30-Inch, from Magne Rod, $18.43
- Sidelight Magnetic White Double Rod, from Linens N Things, $16.63
- Magnetic Curtain Rod, from Improvements, $9.97 - $14.97
- Springs Window Fashions Adjustable 16-Inch to 28-Inch Magnetic Curtain Rod in Bronze, from Bed Bath & Beyond, $14.99
(Images: As credited above.)