It's been a busy month for kitchen cleaning and organization, with the Spring Cure beginning on Apartment Therapy, the Kitchen Cure moving along on the Kitchn, and inspiring renovation projects appearing across the pages of all our sites. These overlapping home projects are all good reminders that a healthy home begins with the basics: decluttering, cleaning, and organizing.
Searching Flickr, we came across several inspiring photos from people who have begun the weeding process by tackling their kitchen pantries, cabinets, and drawers.
- 1-2) Pieter Pieterse's Pantry: This project shows how stackable, modular containers can streamline a cabinet.
- 3-4) Average Jane's Cupboard: Just throwing things out and cleaning up can have a huge impact on the functionality of your kitchen.
- 5-6) Flit's Kitchen Organization: Again, simple cleaning and decluttering makes a really big difference.
- 7-8) Brixton's Spice Cabinet: If you don't want to buy a new set of canisters or organizers, mason jars can get the job done for less.
- 9-10) Chris and Jenni's Dish Cupboard: Just freeing up some new space can provide the psychological motivation you need to clean up a whole home.
All photos used under Creative Commons license