One of the more difficult things to organize, especially in a small space, is dress up clothes. Unlike day to day clothes, dress up clothes involve poufy crinoline-lined princess dresses and stuffed dragon tails that take up more room than we'd like. We've got a few organizing tips for you.
- Hang them on wall hooks. My current method of storing dress up clothes is to separate them into 2 batches: one batch is hung up on a caterpillar wall rack. These include things that do better hanging or require more space, like the aforementioned dragon costume. The coordinating helmets, hats and other accessories are hung together.
- Fold them into baskets and bins. The second batch is folded and stacked into a storage basket.
- Make room in a closet Other great ideas for organizing dress up clothes include dedicating some space in a coat or linen closet. You can hang a second rod at waist level so that the clothes are accessible to children. We love this closet with roll-out garment rack dedicated to dress up clothes found over at the Daily Biff.
- Hang them on a coat rack. But if you're not lucky enouh to have the closet space to spare, consider a small coat rack. It can hold quite a bit but takes up very little square footage. You could also use a small clothes rack if you don't mind using a bit more floor space.
- Hide them in a toy chest. If you like the idea of dress up clothes being out of sight when not in use, a toy chest is another great option. Buy something large enough to fit your childs' entire dress up wardrobe. The chest can double as seating in the bedroom or play area.
If you've got a great tip on how to organize dress up clothes, share it with us in the comments!
Image: the Daily Biff