We don't have a home office, although we work from home half the day. Rather than work inside a little room, we like to take our laptop where the light is best: in the kitchen, living room, back deck, or coffee shop down the street. This presents an organizing challenge, since our system is a little scattered...Our tips for staying organized when your office moves with you:
• Go paperless. It's eco-friendly, saves space, and reduces clutter.
• Keep the papers you do need in a good-looking file system.
• Use furniture that can double as a desk or a laptop tray to write on.
• Keep cords and chargers in one space so you always know where to find them.
• Use baskets (or something similar) to collect your work-related clutter, then clean them out regularly.
These are just a few ways we've found to accommodate our own work schedule. Give us your tips and ideas in the comments below.
Photo: See Jane Work