Last spring, I started with a clean slate in a new furniture-free apartment. But now that we have the basics down — different but coordinating bed frame, dresser, sofa, bookcases, dining table — it's time for some style. When researching ideas, I've found these five ways helpful to keeping inspiration organized.
They all have their pros and cons, and we suppose the best way would be to print everything out and write on the printouts in a design inspiration binder — but for now, we'll stick with these options.
How do you keep your ideas organized, whether for a current home or you future dream home?
• 1 Flickr is where I save photos of rooms that love.
• 2 File folder of magazine clippings, so that I don't have a pile of issues that I can't throw out. Less clutter.
• 3 Bulletin board for magazine clips and more — I also put coupons here.
• 4 Wishpot for organized lists with prices of home décor items. I organize mine into two wish lists: one is a dream list, for things like a Tolomeo desk lamp, and one is a to-do list, for things like the exact lamp shades I'm looking to buy.
• 5 Google docs is another place to have a list of links to ideas. This is good for keeping a list that you can access anywhere you can find a computer and internet access.