Looking for some DIY inspiration, a peek at the latest work of independent Chicago designers, or just a chance to get out and enjoy the weekend? On Saturday, April 25th, Post 27 is hosting an exhibition of one-of-a-kind ottomans crafted by local artists. Many of the stools are made from repurposed items like vintage tablecloths, leather belts, and even bicycle tires. Click through the photos above and the links below for ideas and inspiration...
• 1 Chad Kouri's stool is covered in a silk screened vintage tablecloth.
• 2 Noël Ashby made this "Mum Stool" from bicycle tire tubes and felted wool.
• 3 An overhead view of the Mum Stool.
• 4 Noël Ashby's "Water Lily Canoe" is crafted from bicycle tires and industrial wool.
• 5 Aaron Pahmier created this "Belt Stool" from wood, steel, and spiraled belts.
The opening of Ottomania takes place at Post 27 (1819 W. Grand Avenue) on Saturday, April 25th from 5 to 9 pm. If you can't make it to the opening, the exhibit will be on display until May 24th.
Other artists who designed ottomans for the show include Tyler Peterson, Shaun Owens Agase, Margot Harrington, Angela Finney-Hoffman, Jill Nelson, Steve Teichelman, Elizabeth Hayes, and Ross Fiersten.