Blank walls are boring. And a bummer! Whether it's art, pattern, paint or something else, we found a lot of inspiration for banishing blanks walls this year. We've rounded up our favorite ideas!
DIY art ideas
- Before & After: Maura's $13 DIY Wall Art!
- Large DIY Wall Art Projects for Really, Really Cheap
- 10 Impressive DIY Wall Art Projects from Our House Tours
- The Mega List! 50 Spectacular DIY Wall Art Projects & Ideas
- Small Project Saturday: Easy Abstract Art
- DIY Wall Art: 10 Fun & Affordable Ideas to Add Personality to a Rental
Fresh display ideas
- Re-Thinking the Gallery Wall: 8 More Funky & Fun Ideas
- Creating a Home: 15 Ideas for Making & Displaying Art
Frugal and affordable ideas
- Frugal Living: How To Frame Your Art on the Cheap
- How to Find Affordable Art: The Ultimate Online Source List
- How To Decorate Blank Walls on the Cheap
- 15 Free (or Nearly Free) DIY Ways to Fill & Refresh Your Framed Art
Paint and pattern
- 7 Dark, Dramatic Wall Paint Colors that Look Great in Real Life
- 20 Bold & Beautiful Blue Wall Paint Colors
- Renewing the Look of a Painted Room with One Wallpapered Wall
- 10 Ideas for Defining Space with Colorblocked Walls
- Painting Ideas: 10 Intense Wall Paint Colors to Push Your Style
- Style Inspiration: Wallpaper in the Bathroom
Break away from boring
Mistakes to avoid
→ Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2014 roundup!
From December 21 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.