We always joke that we were taught to clean, not cook. And for us, an organized space is easier to clean. So when it comes to tidying up one of the smallest rooms in the house, we've got our routine down pat.
(Image: Flickr member juhansonin licensed for use under Creative Commons)
- When cleaning the bathroom, we always sweep first. We do this first so that we're not sweeping a wet floor after cleaning the tub and sink. Next is a toilet scrub down and a wipe down of the mirror and hardware. And lastly, a spray down of the floor, working our way towards the door as we clean.
- Most of us don't have extra storage space in the bathroom to keep cleaning supplies close by. If this is thie case, make your own multi-purpose cleaner and store in a small spray bottle (clearly labeled). Keep it in the shower so when the cleaning bug hits you, you won't have to travel far for supplies.
- It drives us crazy when soap residue builds up on the dish in the shower. For those times when we like to take extra long showers, we often multi-task by scrubbing the soap dish during our down time.
- Invest in a toilet brush you won't mind displaying (again remedying the need to keep all your supplies stored elsewhere in the house).
- Keeping extra trash bags at the bottom of the bin will make taking out the trash that much easier.
- We also keep extra rolls of toilet paper always at the ready by storing them in a tall glass vase. This also prevents our cats from using the toilet paper as a scratching post (which they did previously when we used a wall toilet paper holder).