The last week and a half have been bad. But then last night I came home to find a long mint green box on my doorstep from Martha Stewart Flowers. Inside, a beautiful arrangement and a note of encouragement from some really awesome friends. Things are looking up. Flowers can do that to you. Bring them into your home.
- Etsy Finds: Vintage Containers for Spring Flowers: A great display starts with a great vase. Here are some we like.
- Top 10 flower varieties: A guide to choosing the best of the most popular.
- Inspiration: Adding flowers and plants to the kitchen and bath: Ideas for adding posies in places that don't always get flowers.
- How to arrange fresh summer flowers in a low vase: A tutorial to help you out, even if you think you're all thumbs.
- How to Arrange Flowers: 5 tips that will wow up your arrangements.
- How to display cut flowers 10 easy ways: To inspire you to go beyond the ol' "stick 'em in a vase" trick.
- How to put a twist in tulips: A simple, beautiful and elegant way to arrange tulips (also works with daffodils, irises and daisies) that looks incredibly professional.
- How to choose flowers at the supermarket: So now you don't have any excuses for not indulging regularly.
- How to extend the life of your cut flowers: This trick will help your flowers last all week...and beyond.
- Alternative Ways to Give, Carry and Display Flowers: Pass it on!
[My own home is too dark to take a good picture of the lovely flowers I received so I'm sharing this image of one of my favorite flowers by Laure Joliet, from her blog, At Home At Home.]