A guilty pleasure is known as something one considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it [Wikipedia]. We have plenty of guilty pleasures; eggs and jam on toast, reading the Twilight series and listening to Kelly Clarkson's Since You've Been Gone--on repeat. But then we starting thinking about decorating guilty pleasures. Do we have any? You bet...Our biggest offender was probably when we decided to take a local painting class and proceeded to hang the canvases throughout our apartment. And then we decided to title and tag each painting, just like you would see in an art gallery. Currently, our guilty pleasures are a little less guilty but still there nonetheless. We also quizzed some friends on their guilty pleasures and have thrown them into the mix.
- Chalboard paint
- Plates on a wall
- Shells (or any object) as soap
- Corkboard covered in fabric
- Karate chopping the pillows
- Black out curtains that don't match our room (but they keep the light out)
- Paint by numbers paintings
- Decorating for any holiday
- Anything gold
- Anything black (but MAN do we need some color in our apartment)
- Using books as decor
- Little vignettes made with small items
What are a few of your decorating guilty pleasures?
[Image from Amazon.com]