At Apartment Therapy we love our pets and beautiful pet photography. This month we joined in with Milk-Bone's It's Good to Give campaign and put out a search for the greatest and most beautiful dog photographs. We received over 500 photos! The 5 above were our favorites. Jump below to read all about these great dogs and to see how they help their owners!
Shown above the jump, from left to right:
How does your dog help you?
1. Kathleen D'Amato: "Hugo helps make everything bearable. Whether it's the stories he tells me through his quizzical facial expressions and the tilt of the head or it's the let-me-sit-on-top-of-you-because-I-just-can't-get-close-enough-to-you snuggle time, he takes any situation and makes it so much better because he's around. Always the character, Hugo is a little pug with a huge personality."
2. Lisa Smart: "Bailey makes me laugh at myself. If I'm carrying on and complaining after a long day, she will often just grunt and moan at me as if to say, "Enough already, let's play catch!" For an 11 year old pooch, she keeps me young at heart!"
3. Claire Bow: "Roux is my muse, roommate & best friend. She runs with me every morning, sleeps at my feet during the day and in my bed with me at night. I literally can't fathom what my life would be like without her."
4. Hannah Cross: "Goosey reminds me of how I want to be. Apparently, she was given up because one of her mismatched ears. I love that ear, and it reminds me to be myself. Spontaneous laughter, questioning, and finger pointing interrupt our walks, daily. Goosey makes people happy without even knowing it. At 43 lbs she spoons, sits like a baby in my (or anyone's) arms, leans on me in the dog park, and sits on my feet while I try to make dinner. If only we could all be so comfortable with our faults love unconditionally."
5. Lori Rhodes: "Dolly has become part of our family and has helped us grow closer. She is amazing and I am so grateful to have found her!"