Here is what we have decided to add to the nursery:
Creative Thursday Prints: Being a fan of Creative Thursday for years, we were waiting for the right time to purchase a print or two. We ordered one print from their Etsy Shop and came across another on the iPhone app Zulily at a price too good to pass up, especially since we already had an extra RIBBA frame from IKEA to complete the pair.
Wooden Sailboats: These tiny sailboats were more of a gift for my husband than anything else, and they turned into the perfect and adorable nursery décor that can double as bath toys down the road. I purchased them from Etsy seller Tweet Toys and we adore their colorful patterns. Of course once they're used in the bath, they'll be relegated to the bathroom where they can properly dry out.
Papier-Mâché Giraffe: This giraffe was my silly splurge, an impromptu purchase that's totally fun and unique. Available from Dwell Studio, the piece is handmade in Haiti from vintage French book pages. My only complaint is the piece didn't come with the best method for hanging.
We're on our way to creating this nursery and checking things off our to-do list!
Join me as I transform a 100 sq. ft. room into a cozy nursery.
Nesting a Nursery series:
• Designing Our Baby's Room from Scratch
• My Nursery Planning Tools
• What Are Your Nursery Must-Haves?
• Using Online Inspiration To Help Define Your Nursery Style
• What Are Your Best Tips for Nursery Organization?
• Inspirations & Samples: A Modern Nursery
• Is a Rocker or Glider a Nursery Necessity?
• Horse Before the Cart: Start Your Nursery Design with Space Planning
• 10 Inspiring Patterned & Papered Nurseries
• Mixing High-Quality & Budget-Friendly Furnishings in Our Nursery
• Book Showers & Other Creative Ideas for Baby Showers
• Nursery Nevers: Products You'd Never Purchase Again