We've done a few round-ups of Lego storage
in the past, but what happens when kids get older and Lego starts to get tired? (I know, it's hard to believe, but it does happen). How about retiring Lego to greener pastures - as awesome storage in their rooms? Here are a few projects that might inspire young hands at your house.
1. This utensil holder (from this tour on Houzz) could easily be adapted to hold anything from stationary to jewelry. It looks so cool here, in this uber-modern setting.
2. Keys! This simple design by Felix Grauer has an amazing visual effect.
3. This Lego CD storage from Instructables.com could use a little color upgrade, but it is an easy project with these step-by-step instructions.
4. Here is a video so that you can check out all four sides of this Lego tape dispenser.
5. Just look at this amazing bookshelf seen on Home & Decor Singapore. Admittedly, these shelves are actually wooden (the Lego isn't part of the structure, it is only fixed to the front), but it really goes to show that your options for where you Lego collection ends up is really only limited by your family's imagination!
For further inspiration:
(Images: 1. Lisbet Spörndly 2. Felix Grauer 3. merijnvw on Instructables 4. Still from WorldLego's Youtube video 5. Home & Decor Singapore)