The weather here in the midwest has been unseasonably warm lately. If it holds out, we might be looking for outdoor activities to burn off some after-the-feast calories on Thanksgiving day:
Some fun ones we've often turned to or new ones that would be fun to add to the tradition:
- A long walk - We invariably set out on a leisurely family walk in the woods after the meal, mostly just to make room for dessert!
- Football, of course!
- Basketball - Try playing T-U-R-K-E-Y instead of H-O-R-S-E.
- Pumpkin fling - It's a fun way to get rid of those month-old Jack o' lanterns if you're somewhere with wide open space.
- Tree hunting - Many traditions have the Christmas tree going up as soon as Thanksgiving is over, meaning the day could bring a hunt for the year's perfect tree.
- Organized run/walks - Join in on one of the various organized 5K's on Thanksgiving Day, where you can join up with lots of other people and often run or walk for a good cause.