Here's a bit of miscellaneous tech news: social networking Twitter co-founder Biz Stone has put his 800 square foot, 2-bedroom Berkeley hills Midcentury cottage up for sale for the (relatively) nice price of $575,000. Designed & constructed by Northern Califonia Architect William Wurster, the modest sized home is quite easy on the eyes, with plenty of natural light...
What we don't see is really any evidence of the tech side of Stone's life (we hoped to at least see a cool home office or the mention of a FIOS connection included), which is a tad bit disappointing, with only the closet desk in the background as a visible tech section of the home. The house was probably staged with a minimal amount of items for sales purposes, but it's still an interesting peek inside the homes of an internet industry player, especially considering how beautiful of a space it is:
Designed & constructed by well-known Northern Califonia Architect William Wurster, this mid-century cottage is a terrific example of Wurster's signature modern style. Accentuating the use of natural light & open space, Wurster created a peaceful & stylistic home within a small footprint. Wurster, the namesake for UC Berkeley's Wurster Hall, built this cottage as his own personal studio in 1960. The cottage features 2 bedrooms and 2 baths and is located just above Cordonices Park nestled in the Berkeley Hills. The new owner of this property may choose to expand or simply enjoy the functionality of Wurster's signature design. A unique architecturally significant home in a highly desirable area, the cottage at 1409 Greenwood is a true Berkeley gem.
- 2 Bedroooms (upper bedroom is open & lends itself more to the use for an office or den area with pocket door)
- 2 baths; one on each level
- Free-standing "poet's cottage" on large lot with parking, outdoor space & wooded views
- In line with William Wurster signature design, multiple skylights throughout lend for fabulous natural light
- Open floor plan offers living/dining area plus pocket door separating space into additional sleeping area or office (2nd bedroom) with full bath
- Upper level features bamboo floors
- Lower level features berber carpet
- Laundry/work area on lower floor offers excellent storage options including full closet and multiple storage cabinets
- Lower level bedroom has closet & storage built-in's
- Lower bath has tile floor & stone counters
- Lower bedroom features a beautifully constructed redwood ceiling
- Redwood trim throughout house can be easily restored to the stain matching the shingles of the house exterior, another signature Wurster design element
- Located steps above Cordonice's Park in Berkeley. Walking distance to Gourmet Ghetto restaurants.
Interested in making a bid? Check out the property listing over at Urban Bay Properties.