Purple is not an easy color to pull off — a little too much and it begins to look like a five year old designed you space, a lot too much and Prince starts to play in your head. When you get it just right, however, just the right dose of just the right shade, a purple hue can lend drama, sophistication and depth to a room.
Here are a few standout examples, and a few paint colors that will help you strike the perfect balance.
- Marks' Delightful & Delicious West Village Home, from Apartment Therapy
- Irina Graewe's Bedroom, from Design Sponge
- Lara and Craig Wilson's Bedroom, from New England Home.
- Design by Candice Olson, from HGTV
- Design by Iain Halliday, from Elle Decor
PAINT COLORS TO GET THIS LOOK:
- BEHR Premium Plus Plum S-H-670
- Benjamin Moore Purple Rain 1386
- BEHR Berry Syrup S-G-650
- Mythic Paint Iris in the Wind
- Mythic Paint Purple Province
- Sherman Williams Concord Grape 6559
- Pure Home ICS 5-8
- Pure Home ICS 6-8
- Farrow and Ball Pelt No. 254
- Ralph Lauren Academy Purple
(Images: as linked above)