• 1. It seems our beloved AB Chao can do no wrong when it comes to design, and her bedroom is no exception. This picture makes my heart sing, and apparently hosts of others feel the same. Her bedroom redo recently earned her the Reader's Choice award and Judge's Honorable mention form All The Best's bedroom contest. I love her dramatic use of Farrow & Ball's downpipe #26.
• 2. Dave Coote's use of muted turquoise tempers the formal effect of the ornate woodwork in the room.
• 3. Painting the trim, baseboards, and molding the same deep gray as the walls increases the drama of the bright yellow furnishings.
• 4. Painting woodwork with a semi- or high gloss while using the same color in flat for the walls creates a sophisticated contrast while still serving to unify the space.
• 5. In Ali Wentworth's Georgetown home even the generous crown molding was painted the same color as the wall to update the traditional room.
Stick with traditional contrasting trim and walls, or streamline the look with a unified color, what's your take?
(Images: 1: AB Chao of hashai, 2: Dave Coote, 3: Jake Curtis, 4: Domino, 5: Elle Decor)