I'll admit: I have never been a huge fan of brick walls, painted or otherwise. Left untouched, brick can overpower a small space and make decorating a challenge. Paint over it and you're stuck with the decision, or forced to add layer upon layer when your color palette changes. My feelings were something like: no, thank you. That was, until I saw this color blocked wall in a Paris oyster bar, and felt my opinion waver. Here are some other painted brick walls I could get behind:
- Le Mary Celeste, an oyster bar in Paris with a color blocked wall. Cheri Messerli via Heather Levine.
- A whitewashed loft bedroom from Mi Casa.
- A bold fuchsia brick bedroom. Jonny Valiant via Cococozy.
- Light blue brick, from Domino via Apartment Therapy.
- Vintage finds fill a white brick living room from 79 Ideas via Apartment Therapy.
(Images: as credited above)