• 1. you know how we feel about scripted furnishings, so why not scripted floors? This floor is the inspiring DIY stenciling feat of Maryam Montague of My Marrakesh fame.
• 2. The stunning white glossy floors of Vicente Wolf. White floors are the easiest way to create an air of spaciousness and light in any space.
• 3. If your concrete floors are in decent shape, but you still want the high shine appeal, opt for a clear alkyd finish rather than a color.
• 4. We like the bold color used to spice up this drab basement.
• 5. The silver lining of an unfortunate sewer back-up in our home — yuck!—was the chance to re-do our sorely outdated basement. We're still in the refinishing process, but the first layer of concrete paint is down — out with the chipping green asbestos tile! We love the brightening effect of the paint and the texture of the concrete from beneath, but we're still debating adding a stenciled pattern. What are your thoughts?
• 6 We love the painted rug in Paola Navone's home in Greece. This is a great solution for a concrete floor that has problem patches. You can still keep the overall rugged feeling of uncured concrete while masking rough spots with a decorative design.
• 7, 8, 9 And this beautiful "Skylar Lace" stenciling from Royal Design Studios, another Maryam Montague special.
Stay tuned for a painted concrete how-to...